Thursday, April 7, 2011

What's in a Name?

When Adam and I found out that we were expecting, we both immediately started to think of names that we loved...and hated. Can you really imagine naming a baby Woodrow?! Adam can. As you can imagine, everyone wanted to give us suggestions and let us know what they thought we should name our new addition. My dad even offered to pay us to name our baby, boy or girl, Rory. Dad has wanted to name something...anything, Rory for as long as I can remember. Obviously we rejected the Rory offer. Here's how we decided on Nolan Andrew...



Adam's favorite baseball player is Nolan Ryan. He has been a fan since he was little and has big hopes that his son will follow in Nolan Ryan's footsteps one day. 


Drew (Andrew) Curran is my oldest childhood friend. We've known each other our entire lives and have taken MANY family vacations together and had TONS of laughs! Adam and I were telling Drew the story of my Dad offering o pay us to use the name Rory and he joked that he would double his offer. Adam and I both thought about it and really liked the way Nolan Andrew sounded. Unfortunately, we're still 'waiting by the mailbox' for Drew's check :)

So, that's how we decided to name our little boy Nolan Andrew. I look at him and can't imagine him having any other name. 



No comments:

Post a Comment